The Civil Service Institute was founded in January 1998 sponsored jointly by the Archdiocese of Changanacherry and the dioceses of Palai and Kanjirappally as a part of the Inter-diocesan Centre for Human Resource Development .
The Civil Service Institute is meant to advance the career prospects of young people who have the potential for high –ranking Civil Service placement but can’t afford the expensive coaching available only in big Cities. As it is, quite a lot of our young people who are talented and would compete with skill and tenacity are handicapped by being unable to get access to quality coaching and up-to-date study materials. Some candidate opt out of the race for want of proper motivation or through the mistaken notion that for a person with non-urban background Civil Service placement is an impossible dream. The Centre expects to bring Civil Service training within easy reach of the candidates and it hopes to fulfil this mission by providing top quality training at the lowest possible cost.
The Civil Service Institute functions as a career centre, too. It provides information on job opportunities to job seekers and conducts job specific coaching programmes. Further, it provides expert counseling on job related matters. The Institute carries out, besides, a variety of HRD functions such as providing training in public speaking and group discussion, conducting model interviews and organizing leadership programmes and camps .
- More than 20 years of experience with excellent track record
- Fee concession based on socio economic status
- Day- long library service on all 7 days a week
- Regular test and evaluation
- Cash incentives for performance
- Personalised mentoring by experts for test series
- Frequent interaction with UPSC winners & top officials
- Systematic coverage of syllabus – revised and update notes and study materials
- Hostel accommodation for men and women
- Calm and quiet learning environment.
Optional Subjects Offered
Guidance for History & Political Science on demand.