The institute’s Library is a state of the art facility. It has abundant materials including books, journals and magazines covering the entire gamut of the civil services examination as well as other competitive examinations. As a full-fledged career support centre, the institute takes the responsibility of providing the library facility for the maximum benefit of the student community. The Reference Section is being used by a large number of students from the previous batches as well. The Library resource consists of books, journals, periodicals, newspapers, magazines, e-resources, etc. The facilities include reading area, study area, self-study cabins, Wi-Fi, etc. The staff and students are entitled to use the library resources. There are only seven holidays (of national importance) for the library during the year.
General Rules of the Library:
- The Library resource consists of books, journals, periodicals, newspapers, magazines, e-resources, etc. The facilities include reading area, study area, self-study cabins, Wi-Fi, etc. The staff and students are entitled to use the library resources.
- The Library will be open from 9am to 5pm on all working days except Sundays. During Sundays, the Library will be open from 10am to 4.30pm. The Library will function from 8am to 7pm during selected months based on demand. Library timing is subject to change. The timing of the Library will be notified in the class/students’ group/Noticeboard from time to time. The Institute reserves the right to fix the timing of the Library.
- Only students having valid identity card will be permitted to enter the Library. The entry and exit will be regulated by Face Recognition Attendance System. Entry is not allowed without recording attendance.
- Students can continue using the library subject to the rules and conditions of their course of study/coaching.
- Candidates are admitted to the Library only based on a monthly basis on payment of a fee for the same.
- Management reserves the right to fix/revise library fee, without prior notice.
- Strict silence shall be observed in and around the Library.
- Combined study is not allowed in the Library.
- The instructions of the Librarian shall be followed by the users.
- Students are not supposed to use the space reserved for faculty.
- Self-Study Cabins reserved for a student shall not be used by other students.
- No paper, book, articles, etc. shall be taken outside the Library without the written permission of the librarian.
- To borrow books, a caution deposit of 2000/ is needed. Caution deposit will be refunded without any interest after recovering damages, if any, and on producing a ‘No Liability’ certificate from the librarian. If the amount becomes insufficient to meet the damages/losses the extra amount will be collected from the student. Claim of refund of the caution deposit after six months of leaving the Institution/completion of the course will not be entertained.
- Books borrowed by students are to be returned within seven days. A fine of Rupee One will be levied per day for delayed return of books. Only one book can be borrowed at a time.
- Ensure that the books borrowed are in good condition. Damages, if any, shall be brought to the notice of the Librarian and get noted by the Librarian.
- If a book is damaged or lost from the borrower, it will have to be replaced by the borrower or the borrower will have to remit three times the cost of the book. Marking on the books, folding of pages, etc. shall be viewed as a serious offence.
- No reproduction of materials shall be made without the written permission of the Librarian.
- The Library Identity Card expires on the date noted, unless got renewed. Duplicate library card costs Rs.50/-
- Books for reference, journals, magazines, etc. will not be issued to students.
- Magazines and newspapers should be replaced in their respective places after reading.
- Sub-lending of books not allowed.
- The facilities including the Wi-Fi shall be used for study/academic purposes only.
- Electrical fittings, electronics as well as furniture have to be handled with care.
- Students are requested to keep the library, washrooms attached, etc. clean always.
- Bags, files, umbrella, eatables and other belongings are to be kept in the shelves provided at the entrance, at own risk. Students are advised to keep the belongings locked.
- Frequent entry and exit is not encouraged.
- The Principal of the Institute reserves the right to revise the rules as and when felt essential.
- The decision of the Principal will be final on all matters relating to the Library.
Dr. V. V. Georgekutty